Re: Lights going on at random times!! Any ideas?

I've seen similar with a few installations where the on/off commands
are caused by new equipment or a neighbor. In this, it definitely
sounds like your wife's new equipment. I have seen noisy equipment
that sends out noise which X10 interprets as commands, as opposed to
just blocking them out.

What I've done in the past is install units such as an X10 filter
http://www.smarthome.com.au/p--Plug+In+X10+NoiseInterference+Filter-193.html
between the new equipment and the wall plug, and this has usually
solved the problem. Where that hasn't been suitable I've used line
isolation filters such a http://www.smarthome.com.au/p--Band+Pass+X10+Blocking+Filter+20A-179.html