Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <YVAZm.72281$cd7.67323@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Josepi wrote:
>Many CFLs are a third harmonic problem for the electrical distribution grid.
>Some claim this may have been resolved in later designs but many don't know
>the difference between power factor and third harmonics, either.

  However, total RMS current of low-power-factor CFLs including the part
from 3rd harmonic is less than that of same-light-output incandescents.

>Transformers must use different designs to help eliminate third harmonics
>from these nasty bulbs (including HID lamps) and it still depends on
>balanced three phase harmonic distribution at about 6-10 million dollars per
>transformer.

  That is an issue that was known at least as far back as the mid 1980's.

> These nasty little glitches will make love to your furnace and
>fridge motor. Now who's saving money?...LOL

  These glitches have little effect on RMS voltage or difference between
total RMS voltage and fundamental-frequency-component-thereof delivered to
motors in nearly all industrial applications and even more totally in
residential applications.

>(fuck your bottom confusion. It's not worth educating some)

  I advise to know Usenet, its conventions and ettiquette!

(At least you added a quotation symbol per line of material that was
already previously quoted in the article that you responded to, although
itappears to me that you chose a non-standard one)

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)