Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

On Nov 20, 7:05=A0pm, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 5:52=A0pm, "Stormin Mormon"
>

> <cayoung61**spambloc...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sadly, wasn't Lary this time. Though, he must be a hoot in
> > real life, whoever it is that plays Larry the cable guy.
>
> > I had some trouble with my cable recentl. I called for a
> > tech to come out, and Dennis was the one who arried. Tall
> > guy in his twenties, seems to know hs stuff. As he looked to
> > find the power plug, he pulled a three D-cell Mag out of his
> > back pocket, with a practiced motion.
>
> > I noticed it was a LED bulb mag. Asked about that, and he
> > told me a little about it. Formerly was a filament bub =A0mag,
> > and he bought the LED bulb only, and put that in. He said
> > it's a lot better on batteries. I asked about that, and this
> > is what he told me.
>
> > One time he was in a crawl space, and forgot and left it in
> > the crawl space. Turned on. It was the wekend, and he was
> > able to get back to recover his light, three days later. The
> > light was still on, having run for three days all the time.
> > he says he was able to use it for about a week after that,
> > on the same batteries, before having to replace the
> > batteries.
>
> > I'm totally amazed. He sounded like he was telling the
> > truth. Wow! That's a long time on one set of batteries.
>
> > --
> > Christopher A. Young
> > Learn more about Jesus
> > =A0www.lds.org
> > .
>
> > --
> > Christopher A. Young
> > Learn more about Jesus
> > =A0www.lds.org
> > .
>
> > "JimH" <J...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Josepi wrote:
> > > LEDs are still reported to only be slightly more efficient
> > > than incandescent
> > > bulbs.
>
> > I know my LED flashlight can run for hours and hours, while
> > the
> > incandescent flashlight burns through batteries quickly
> > while providing
> > less light.
>
> Just think...when they perfect LEDs for headlights...we won't have to
> yell at the wife for draining down the battery!
>
> bob_v

I have around 32 LED's on my M109R motorcycle.  Once I pulled into the
driveway and forgot to turn them off.  After 2 days I went out to
start the bike at night and noticed the LED's were on.  When I turned
the key and pushed the button the bike started up immediately.  Nice.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

www.BassBurglarAlarms.com
www.BassHome.com