Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <b2hYm.5$mr6.1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Josepi wrote:
>It looks like the answer will be too install incandescent in the winter when
>we can use the heat efficiently and CFLs in the summer when we get enough
>sunlight anyway...LOL

  Except CFLs still cost in the winter when the main home heating is by
something more cost-effective than resistive electric heating, as in
heat pump or non-electric heating.

>I still wonder about the effects of staring at the TV with flourescent
>lighting behind it night after night. I have just ordered a new LED backlit
>unit. This could be the new lighting / behaviour study coming with the CRT
>units disapearing.

  Spectra of CRT monitors has about the same coverage/reception by all
known and suspected photoreceptors in the human eye as spectra of higher
color temp. CFLs.  I own some diffraction gratings BTW...

  As in ones thatare nothing but diffraction gratings, besides the ones
that most people have some of and that can also show spectra (CDs and
DVDs).

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)