Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 19:43:28 -0800 (PST), Robert L Bass
<sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Nov 20, 7:05 pm, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Nov 20, 5:52 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
>>

>> <cayoung61**spambloc...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Sadly, wasn't Lary this time. Though, he must be a hoot in
>> > real life, whoever it is that plays Larry the cable guy.
>>
>> > I had some trouble with my cable recentl. I called for a
>> > tech to come out, and Dennis was the one who arried. Tall
>> > guy in his twenties, seems to know hs stuff. As he looked to
>> > find the power plug, he pulled a three D-cell Mag out of his
>> > back pocket, with a practiced motion.
>>
>> > I noticed it was a LED bulb mag. Asked about that, and he
>> > told me a little about it. Formerly was a filament bub  mag,
>> > and he bought the LED bulb only, and put that in. He said
>> > it's a lot better on batteries. I asked about that, and this
>> > is what he told me.
>>
>> > One time he was in a crawl space, and forgot and left it in
>> > the crawl space. Turned on. It was the wekend, and he was
>> > able to get back to recover his light, three days later. The
>> > light was still on, having run for three days all the time.
>> > he says he was able to use it for about a week after that,
>> > on the same batteries, before having to replace the
>> > batteries.
>>
>> > I'm totally amazed. He sounded like he was telling the
>> > truth. Wow! That's a long time on one set of batteries.
>>
>> > --
>> > Christopher A. Young
>> > Learn more about Jesus
>> >  www.lds.org
>> > .
>>
>> > --
>> > Christopher A. Young
>> > Learn more about Jesus
>> >  www.lds.org
>> > .
>>
>> > "JimH" <J...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > I know my LED flashlight can run for hours and hours, while
>> > the
>> > incandescent flashlight burns through batteries quickly
>> > while providing
>> > less light.
>>
>> Just think...when they perfect LEDs for headlights...we won't have to
>> yell at the wife for draining down the battery!
>>
>> bob_v
>
>I have around 32 LED's on my M109R motorcycle.  Once I pulled into the
>driveway and forgot to turn them off.  After 2 days I went out to
>start the bike at night and noticed the LED's were on.  When I turned
>the key and pushed the button the bike started up immediately.  Nice.
>
>Regards,
>Robert L Bass
>
>www.BassBurglarAlarms.com
>www.BassHome.com

I've got a real assortment of small LED flashlights, and a couple big
ones. GREAT battery life. For home lighting they are still pretty
pricy, but with incandescents being phased out, and the LOUSY luck
I've had with CFLs, it sure is tempting!!!!!