Re: Need input: Wierd Powerflash behavior

In article <hjjaj513o9n89dna66a4t3i59r66p2823a@xxxxxxx>, prc1CRAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (prc1) writes:

| I figured out the problem--it's a data collision.  When the preamp
| powers up, there's a 1-second delay between the A & B trigger outputs
| so everything turns on.  However, when the power goes OFF, there's no
| delay.  Both PSC01s send a code-specific off command and they
| collide--thus nothing gets turned off.
|
| There's no adjustment in the preamp to delay the trigger outputs on
| power off, so how could I implement a power delay for the input
| voltage on one of the PSC01s?  Would an electrolytic cap across the
| inputs give enough delay?

Yes, possibly, but this all seems unnecessarily complicated.  Why not
use a single PSC01 and handle any sequencing (do you really need it at
all?) on the far side.

If you do try a capacitor you should probably add a blocking diode.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com