Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <xaBYm.12553$ft1.9919@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Josepi wrote:
>"greater than" is only a usage in mathematically expressions for a ">"
>symbol. There are many proper names for the symbol but the mathematical
>usage or meaning does not apply here.

  Then why does HTML call them that?

>Some Usenet browsers have evolved to more advanced levels and support the
>style, quite well. Your style is only one of the many used on Usenet and
>other forums.
>
>My Usenet browser can read and write posts on Usenet. Are you using a
>separate newswriter to post?

  I read and post with the same software.

>I see no confusion. All text is with the respective headers containing the
>reference, who posted it and sometimes the time and other details, depending
>on the browser used.

  The few times I used a browser software package to post, it added those
symbols at the beginning of every quoted line, same as software intended
for Usenet use.  It certainly does that when I reply to e-mails.  That was
the composer automatically invoked by the mail/news software included into
Netscape 4.7.

  However, I have done at least 99.9% of my postings with tin or slrn
running on a Unix shell account.  My guess is that they invoke Pine or
something similar for composing.

  Now I notice that whatever you are using is not adding them at all.
That can make things confusing when people used to this Usenet convention
of using these (or occaisionally alternatives such as colons) snip out
signatures and stuff from signature files to edit for space.

  Meanwhile, references are all in a single line that is one of the
headers of an entire article.

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)