Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

hmmmmm. Faith is not evidence. I hope you don't test your alarm systems that
way.

It has to be true because so many people believe... or pretend they do.

"Robert L Bass" <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Mark Lloyd" wrote:

> And never grow up. Growing up would be inconsistent with Christian
> teaching.

We're supposed to grow up and yet still retain child-like faith.  I'm not
sure
which of the two is harder to do.  :^)

>> Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were taking her comments as
>> instruction.
>
> OK, although I do wonder why people make that assumption.

I didn't.

> Actually it depends on some specialized knowledge,
> about computer programming. If you understand it,
> it's funny. If you don't understand it, don't worry about
> it.

We're all experts on some things and ignorant of other things.

> I know what it means, and found it an interesting
> thing to include in my list of quotations.

OK.

> And God will always be a myth no matter hop many
> people believe in him. Where's the evidence of any
> difference here?

That's the problem.  I can't give you hard evidence.  Faith itself is the
evidence.  You claim not to have faith in God so I can't prove his existence
you.

>>2. God is real if you believe.
>
> Of course, it's real. A very real part of your imagination

If you knew where I've been you'd understand why I believe.

> (The same way Santa and the others are real if you believe).
> What would be wrong would be the idea that somehow YOU
> control the external reality that all people depend on.

I don't control anything but myself.  You're free to believe what you
choose.  I
believe in God.  You say you don't... for now.

> Also, I can see my cat right here. There's no need for (the
> non-serious form of) belief, as there is for God.

I can see my PC.  It's right in front of me.  I don't need faith to believe
it's
there.  However, when I go in the other room and close the door, I still
know
it's there even though I can't see it.  Likewise, I know God is there even
when
I can't see Him.

>>3. If you don't believe in God, you will never know God.
>
> Most likely true, considering what and where God is.

I hope you change your mind about that some day.

> Do you really think there's evidence in there? You said
> "that which is unseen". Of course, unseen things can
> be real. Where is the evidence to suggest this one is?

There's evidence in the changed lives of people who decided to believe.
There
is evidence in every facet of creation.  It's sort of like esoteric PC
knowledge.  If you understand it, it makes sense.  If you don't it sounds
like
well... Santa Claus.

> Notice the only people this "proof" works on is those
> who don't need it. That's one of the characteristics of
> a scam.

You're very wrong about that.  Those who know God tend to become
progressively
dependant on Him.  Sadly, those who don't are just as needy.  They just
don't
know it.

> To me belief is something serious, "wanting" has nothing
> to do with it. That would be fantasy, not belief. That's a
> good thing, a personal one. I hope it stays personal.

I don't believe because I want to know God.  I want to know God because I
believe in Him.

> * in case you haven't heard, someone said, "My cat
> created the universe last Thursday, along with
> everyone's false memories. There's no way you can
> prove she didn't.".

Naah.  You created the cat on Wednesday and forgot about it the next
morning.
:^)

> BTW, I am not questioning Gods existence, but human
> behaviors such as belief with no evidence.

Understood.  The point is that faith itself is the evidence.  Nothing
physical
is required.  In fact, belief based on that which can be seen is not faith
at
all.

> BTW2, I have, for a long time, suspected there was
> something to this "God" thing. I have never found
> anything, and have never given up.

Keep going.  While there is life there is hope.

> BTW3, The other reason I get involved in  this sort of
> thing is that I have respect for people, and don't like to
> see them entangled in these mind-destroying delusions.
> It's quite stressful so I can't do it very often.

The truth is, when you add faith to sight, it enhances your mind.
Understanding
is enhanced.  It's like turning on a light in a dimly lit room.  You always
knew
where the furniture was and where the door is.  Add light and all of a
sudden
you can see every detail, including a lot of stuff you missed before.  We
could
go on like this for a long while but that would just annoy a lot of nice
people
who prefer to talk about CFLs so I think I'll leave it at that.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics