Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <RMXVm.49912$ZF3.12539@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Josepi wrote:
>I see that Home Depot in Canada is now handling some LED bulbs with a title
>of nightlights or something similar. They appear in the shape of the usual
>medium base incandescent shape and have a white translucent dome over the
>top if them. The ratings are so poor they could only be used a nightlights.
>
>$30 ea.
>7 Watts
>155 lumens.
>
>While there may be useful places for these nightlights, they don't look that
>useful for me. Their efficiencies are barely as good as many incandescent
>technologies at 155/7 = 22.14 lumens/Watt.

  That sounds to me like the Philips AmbientLED.  There are two higher
wattages 11 and 16, with much higher lumens/watt mid-upper 30's IIRC.
And this is with 3100 K color and CRI of 85.  Available at Home Depot
for that matter.

  Meanwhile, please find me a 7 watt 120V incandescent achieving much
more than 6.5 lumens/watt with life expectancy 3,000 hours or more, let
alone the 40,000 hours for Philips LED lightbulbs.  For that matter,
anyone find me even an off-the-shelf available 15 watt 120V incandescent
lasting 2500 hours or more producing 155 lumens.

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)