Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

After reading  some of the reference materials supplied and some of the link
that only result in garbage I have to conclude that Kurt stated things
fairly validly

    "But I haven't seen anything in 25 years of nursing to support that as a
problem outside the sun or tanning booths."

CFL and fluorescent lamps do not emit high enough levels of UV to cause
conditions similar to the UV levels of the sun, typically. If people could
react to these low levels of UV emmision they would be dead in seconds of
sun exposure. I believe your links would lead most researchers to conclude
this quite frequently.

For fluorescnt bulbs to emit a lot of UV the coatings need to be changed
from a usual visible lamp bulb.

OTOH: Here is an article focusing on macular degenration that identified a
component of CFL lighting (and possibly LED lighting) that may be the cause
of health problems for seniors due to spectral content. Off course this is
only to occular influences and not at levels to affect skin chemistry.

http://www.international-light-association.eu/PDF/Artificial%20Light%20and%20Health%20PLDC07.pdf

"Robert Green" <robert_green1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
See my previous post about:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122268881/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Many people have photodermatoses:

http://www.google.com/search?q=percent+of+the+population+with+photodermatoses

a quote in that article leads to:

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/ja/ia.jsp?ia=AU2007%2F001276&IA=AU2007001276&DISPLAY=DESC

Which claims: "Polymorphous Light Eruption (PLE) or sun poisoning is a
severe debilitating skin disorder with an incidence of 10-20% in the general
population."  It's also well known, as you've noted, that meds like
fluoroquinones antibiotics and antidepressants like doxepin can seriously
exacerbate any underlying skin condition.

I'm surprised a nurse would be unaware of the scope of this condition, but
it's possible you've never run into a hospitalizable case.

No, wait.  I apologize and take that back.

I discovered last week I have been pronouncing "hysteresis" wrong all my
life.

It's entirely possible you've never seen a really bad case because people
with severe photodermatoses don't get out much and for a good reason.
There's just so much to know and learn in the modern world that I don't
think any humans have a chance of knowing more that a little corner of it.
--
Bobby G.

"Kurt Ullman" <kurtullman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <f4yNm.10648$JC2.5210@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Was wondering the same things. About the only thing I could think of
was that some medications make you more sensitive to UV radiation and
thus more susceptible to sun burn.  But I haven't seen anything in 25
years of nursing to support that as a problem outside the sun or tanning
booths.

"Josepi" <JRM@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How can UV from the sun affect these maladities? Sun exposure usually
affects many maladities in a good way. Breast cancer is one that is
statistically reduced, big time.