Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <iUgYm.45650$DC2.11681@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Josepi wrote:

>I have never had a CFL burn out yet in several years of usage. Many have
>broken or came apart from the base and leaked.

  Have you actually seen mercury leaked from a CFL?  I doubt it - the
quantity is very small.

  Meanwhile, I have extensive CFL usage, and never broken or cracked one
unless I dropped it.  I have seen one CFL that cracked during use, among
hundreds of burnouts that I have had a chance to see.

  I have had a few come apart at the base during handling - like 2,
with one additional having the tubing come loose from tubing end
overheating while approaching burnout, with none of these 3 having
the tubing break, while I have had more burnouts than that in my home
since 1990.  Both the ones that had their bases coming apart were dollar
store stool specimens of usual dollar store brands.

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)