Re: Hooking up my TV to my computers s-video out. (Please help)

michalchik@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Ok, I went ahead and bought a Big Projection DTV for 400 dollars
> (used), HD1080 series Mitsubishi. I am happy with the purchase and now
> am ready to have a bunch of you over to watch good movies.
>
> Anyway, I went ahead and hooked the TV's "input 1" into my computer
> through a 20 foot s-video cable. After about 20 minutes of fiddling
> with both the computer and TV I got the TV to display a clone image of
> my desktop. My computer is a Dell 8200, 1 gig ram, 2 ghz pentium
> processor, nvidea g-force mx-400 and I have the latest drivers.
>
> Works fine except when I play a video on my computer. Then the area of
> my desktop that shows the movie is black on the TV, though the movie
> is
> playing fine on my computer monitor. I have tried multiple video
> programs. High framerate videogames showup on the TV with no problem.
>
> I have gone through the troubleshooter and found nothing on this.
>
> Can anyone give me some clues here? Any information you guys need? I
> am
> very frustrated.

There are two ways to render a movie with a movie player application.
In the preferences for the movie player, you may find an "overlay plane"
option. There is only one overlay plane, and there are two output
connectors on the video card. The movie will only play on one connector.

An alternative render option, is "VMR9". That can work on two screens
at once. So give that option a try.

And like anything, YMMV.

http://www.theatertek.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6848

    Paul