Hooking up my TV to my computers s-video out. (Please help)

Ok, I went ahead and bought a Big Projection DTV for 400 dollars
(used), HD1080 series Mitsubishi. I am happy with the purchase and now
am ready to have a bunch of you over to watch good movies.

Anyway, I went ahead and hooked the TV's "input 1" into my computer
through a 20 foot s-video cable. After about 20 minutes of fiddling
with both the computer and TV I got the TV to display a clone image of
my desktop. My computer is a Dell 8200, 1 gig ram, 2 ghz pentium
processor, nvidea g-force mx-400 and I have the latest drivers.

Works fine except when I play a video on my computer. Then the area of
my desktop that shows the movie is black on the TV, though the movie
is
playing fine on my computer monitor. I have tried multiple video
programs. High framerate videogames showup on the TV with no problem.

I have gone through the troubleshooter and found nothing on this.

Can anyone give me some clues here? Any information you guys need? I
am
very frustrated.