Re: lower power PCs

Robert Green wrote:

> I am seriously thinking of using a laptop with an identical spare.
> With a USB hub and 1TB external drives, there's little I
> can't do except add expansion cards.

Use a Dell D series laptop and a D/Dock and you can have one half-height
standard PCI slot.

A D600 and D/Dock should cost around $400 on eBay. Lots of bang for the
buck! No need for a spare since parts are as common as dirt. But if you
decide to have a spare the swappable drive caddys on the D series would
allow you to use the spare as a normal laptop and simply swap drives if
needed.