Re: newbie X10 Freewire Question

I've used the BD freewire outdoor modules without the hub for a few
years.  You use a x10 controller (I use a maxi) to set their x10
address.  After that, they act just like any other x10 module.

The programming is a bit weird, and "kind of" documented on the module.
  Within a 30 seconds of plugging it in, you send out a "x10 on" for the
address you want to use (three times, IIRC)  The module says to just
hold the "on" of the freewire hub until the led stops blinking, so the
hub must be repeating the command if the button is held.  With the maxi,
you must press the "on" three times...