Re: Simple Dialing Program

EdwardATeller wrote:
> On May 15, 1:35 pm, Bob Fish <rf...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> EdwardATeller wrote:
>>> I have a Windows XP laptop with SP2 on it.  It has a pretty standard
>>> modem built into it.  I'd like to write a batch program that picks up
>>> the line, dials a series of numbers, #'s. and *'s, waits a while, and
>>> then hangs up.  Can someone help or point me in the right direction?
>>> Thanks.
>> google "war dialer"
>
> Thanks, but I'd prefer to write it myself.  Found a list of Hayes-
> compatible commands,
> and now I'm stuck on exactly how to put them in a batch file so that
> the modem knows I'm
> speaking to it.
>
> BTW, the application is to turn on and turn off Vonage's Do Not
> Disturb feature.
> It would be nice if Vonage let me a schedule on my user control panel,
> but they don't, so I
> am just going to have a spare laptop power up from standby mode, dial
> the numbers, and
> then go back to sleep.

Ah, that's a lot easier.

Put what you want to send out the serial port (*** or ###) into a text
file like on.txt and off.txt

Then you can send the contents of the txt file to the serial port that
is handling the modem by simply using the copy command from a bat file

copy on.txt com1

replace com1 with the serial port number the modem is attached to (eg
com2 com3 com4)