Re: Any drawbacks to X-10 Pro XPCR?

In article <48373e22$0$30165$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (BruceR) writes:

|  Dan Lanciani wrote:
| > In article <AjAZj.17336$we7.7343@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
| > JeffVolp@xxxxxxx (Jeff Volp) writes:
| >
| >> An earlier version of the firmware did repeat the "standard
| >> format" portion of an extended command, but even that had to be
| >> eliminated because of conflicts with certain Leviton devices.
| >
| > Interesting.  Which Leviton devices and what was the conflict?  The
| > ACT
| > repeater repeats the whole extended sequence so I need to avoid such
| > devices...
| >
| > Dan Lanciani
| > ddl@danlan.*com
|
| Dan, The early version of the Leviton Repeater which is now sold as the
| XPCR by X10Pro was, IIRC, called the 6201. It does not handle dims well
| and does not support extended code oor thr HC line of Leviton X10
| devices. Leviton later released the HCA02-10E as a less expensive and
| more capable repeater but still not as good as the ACT repeater you
| have.

It's a little more complicated than that.  There were two totally different
versions of the 6201.  The original version had black & white wires only
and was not compatible with extended codes.  The second version supported
three-phase operation, had a red wire, and was compatible with extended
codes.  Unfortunately, it had an absurd power-on sequence requirement that
no residential installation would guarantee to meet.  The HCA02 has been
associated with too many "odd" reports to even consider. :)

In any case, I was interested in which Leviton devices are not compatible
with repeating the extended code sequences, something ACT supports.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com