Re: Tiny learning remote (or one with a large library!)

BTW, the remote arrived Friday, and though it controls a lot of different
TV's, it doesn't control mine.  )-:  The search method is nice, though.  You
just keep your finger on the button until the TV turns off and then let go
quickly.  Very quickly!  I think I'll put it on my keychain for the next
time I get my tires rotated and have to sit in the waiting room watching
Jerry Springer or worse.

I started searching for a learning keychain remote and came across some IR
learning wristwatches.  Then I remembered in the junk drawer I had a Casio
IR learning watch that I had retired because of the very soft plastic
crystal.  Took the straps off it, put some Velcro in the back and b now I
can control the three functions I needed the most (input, ON/OFF and volume)
from the end of the keyboard.

--
Bobby G.

"BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> No problem, glad to help.
>
>  Robert Green wrote:
> > That's good to know.  The HK vendors I've checked out do a lot of
> > business with fairly good feedback so for $4, I'm not worried.  I
> > just hope it's got the required codes in its codebase.  HK mail
> > sounds like the mail to Oz. I've sent mail to Melbourne that gets
> > there in just a few days but the longest was 6 weeks.  Thanks again
> > for finding it for me!
> >

> > "BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> I've ordered many things on ebay that come from HK and have never
> >> had a problem. Allow 2 weeks for delivery but it could arrive in as
> >> little as 4 days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiny-Mini-Universal-TV-Remote-Control-Keychain-BLACK_W0Q

QitemZ300214221665QQihZ020QQcategoryZ61323QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewI