Re: Roomba 570 problems

In article <ZsWdnSPgxY-9Y7_VnZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@xxxxxxx>, ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx (Robert Green) writes:

| The third-generation 5xx Roomba was introduced in 2007 and features an
| infrared sensor to detect obstacles, a dock button, and improved mechanical
| components.
[...]
| Does your unit have "Intellibin" to warn you that the dust bin is
| full?

I see no obvious sensor that would tell it.  The manual, of course, is
no help at all.

| My guess would be that they're in the "reduce production cost" mode

That would be my guess as well.  If what I'm seeing are "improved mechanical
components" the original versions must have been horrible (or better and
expensive, depending on who is supposed to benefit from the "improvement").

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com