Re: Any drawbacks to X-10 Pro XPCR?

The XPCR is the older and more costly version of Leviton's repeater. If
this were 1989 I'd say go for it but it's not and there are far superior
devices available now. The XPCR will not handle dims properly, or
extended codes or even Leviton's HC line of X10 devices. There are other
repeaters/boosters/couplers that have become available and over the
years I have tried them all.  There is ONLY one that stands far and
above the others and really solves virtually all X10 signal problems. It
is the XTB-IIR from Jeff Volp.  Don't bother wasting your money on
anything else. You can buy one directly from Jeff Volp at
http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/xtb_files.htm