Re: Any drawbacks to X-10 Pro XPCR?

"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message
news:1348291@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> In article <zkHZj.19175$we7.106@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> JeffVolp@xxxxxxx (Jeff Volp) writes:
>
> | While it is certainly possible to repeat the entire 31-bit sequence,
> that
> | can't be done in sync with the original command like it is with standard
> | 22-bit commands.
>
> That's what the ACT repeater does.  It repeats the entire extended command
> immediately after the original with no gap such that it is in sync with
> the second copy (if any) sent by the original transmitter.  So far so
> good...

I ran into a problem with that here.  There are extended commands imbedded
in several of my multi-command sequences.  Since an extended command is not
sent twice, repeating after the extended command completed stepped on the
next command coming out of the TW523.  So it just doesn't repeat them.  That
is only an issue when the XTB-IIR is acting strictly as a repeater.  It
supports extended commands in both directions when providing the powerline
interface.  However, I don't believe any controller yet has the ability to
accept extended command inputs.

Jeff