Re: Any drawbacks to X-10 Pro XPCR?

 Dan Lanciani wrote:
> In article <AjAZj.17336$we7.7343@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> JeffVolp@xxxxxxx (Jeff Volp) writes:
>
>> An earlier version of the firmware did repeat the "standard
>> format" portion of an extended command, but even that had to be
>> eliminated because of conflicts with certain Leviton devices.
>
> Interesting.  Which Leviton devices and what was the conflict?  The
> ACT
> repeater repeats the whole extended sequence so I need to avoid such
> devices...
>
> Dan Lanciani
> ddl@danlan.*com

Dan, The early version of the Leviton Repeater which is now sold as the
XPCR by X10Pro was, IIRC, called the 6201. It does not handle dims well
and does not support extended code oor thr HC line of Leviton X10
devices. Leviton later released the HCA02-10E as a less expensive and
more capable repeater but still not as good as the ACT repeater you
have. In fact, the ACT repeaters were the best until Jeff Volp came out
with the XTB-IIR.  If your ACT repeater still doesn't solve all your
signal problems it is likely that the XTB-IIR will.