Re: Faraday Capacitance Proximity Switches

"BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Why not just use an X10 sensor? They're certainly c

Not enough control.  I want to be able to come near a wall switch with wet
or greasy hands and not have to actually touch the wall switch.  I also
don't want the light coming on automatically - I want to be able to control
when the light comes on, but not have to touch the switchplate directly.  I
was thinking of using an IR sensor to detect reflections from a hand held up
in front of the switch plate, but the capacitance switch seemed a little
cleaner and not as likely to screw up the AV IR system.

--
Bobby G.

heap enough.