Re: Add a lot of X10 or Insteon to a big installation?

If you are satisfied with the performance of your X10 system just use
Leviton 6291 units at $30 each instead of the $47 HCS10-1SW switches.
They are very reliable and less expensive than Insteon switches. As for
the signal sucking from a lot of Insteon switches, yes, that can be a
problem but the XTB-IIR can handle it. However, I say that based on my
system with about 40 Insteon devices and you may end up with more.

The 6291's are not "true rocker" switches but I have never had one fail
so you can save yourself over $330 by using them. ($29.95 vs $46.67 at
http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/product_info.php?products_id=472).