Re: Linux X10 software

Charles Sullivan wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2008 17:35:46 +0200, MarcB wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just bought an X10 starterkit containing a CM11F controller, 2 on/off
>> swithches, an RF receiver and a remote control.
>>
>> I would like to experiment a bit with my PC. I googled around a bit, and
>> found 2 linux applications: - heyu, which is a command line tool
>> - MrHouse which seems to be a GUI thing
>>
>> Does anyone here have experience with linux software to control the
>> CM11F ? Linux sees to be connecting to the CM11 USB interface, when I
>> open the device via minicom, I seem regular activity coming from the
>> device.
>>
>> Zo any pointers to higher level X10 controller applications are welcome.
>
> It would help if you let us know what you are hoping to do with your x10
> system.
>
> Heyu is a 10 minute installation.  With it you'll be able to control your
> two switches and with the RF receiver be able to execute arbitrary Linux
> commands based on signals from your remote.
>
> Regards,
> Charles Sullivan
> (Heyu developer)

in the mean time I looked at the heyu features.
For myself, they look OK, but the other people in the house
are not so keen on commandline, so I'm looking for something
with a GUI (perhaps built on top of heyu) that gives a graphical overview
of where in the hous X10 controllable things are located,
and per element, a sort of easy point & click interface
to swithch them on or off, and perhaps with a right click
have the possiblility to shedule (= create macros) some actions
at a given day/month (once or repetitive) via a calendar like
view.

--
MarcB