Re: Linux X10 software

On Tue, 20 May 2008 17:35:46 +0200, MarcB wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just bought an X10 starterkit containing a CM11F controller, 2 on/off
> swithches, an RF receiver and a remote control.
>
> I would like to experiment a bit with my PC. I googled around a bit, and
> found 2 linux applications: - heyu, which is a command line tool
> - MrHouse which seems to be a GUI thing
>
> Does anyone here have experience with linux software to control the
> CM11F ? Linux sees to be connecting to the CM11 USB interface, when I
> open the device via minicom, I seem regular activity coming from the
> device.
>
> Zo any pointers to higher level X10 controller applications are welcome.

It would help if you let us know what you are hoping to do with your x10
system.

Heyu is a 10 minute installation.  With it you'll be able to control your
two switches and with the RF receiver be able to execute arbitrary Linux
commands based on signals from your remote.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan
(Heyu developer)