Re: XPS-3 Strangeness

Thanks for all the responses.

I had another XPS-3 that has been working perfectly on another circuit.
So I took your advice and swapped the two switches. I find that the
problem does NOT follow the switch. So there does seem to be an issue
with the circuit in question.

Thinking that there may be stray commands passing, I have been running
version 1.42 of ActiveHome (which seems to fix other strangeness I have
been seeing when running version 1.32 on Windows XP) and watching its
communications log. I am not seeing any unexpected commands being received.

So perhaps it is noise as you suggest. But if, as you say, the noise
should not generate on/off commands, how could it be impacting the
XPS-3? I bought these switches precisely because they are supposed to
handle fluorescents. Can I tell if the fluorescents are the cause simply
by removing the tubes? Or will there still be noise from the ballasts?

Is there anything I can do about the noise save removing the shop lights?

Thanks.