Re: XPS-3 Strangeness

The circuit in question has 2 overhead incandescent bulbs and 2, 2-bulb
fluorescent shop-type lights.

Would the noise you are speaking of come from something on the
controlled circuit or outside?

I had the thing wired by a pro electrician and he carefully identified
the wires and matched them to the instructions. It all works just fine.
But just a moment ago, I turned on the switch and within a minute it
shut itself off again on its own. This auto-OFF seems to happen with
greater frequency than auto-ON.

I am not sure how these work. I know there is a relay inside as I can
hear it snap. I presume that switching the XPS-3 ON engages the relay
which holds contact until it is switched OFF. Is this correct? If so,
could it be a faulty relay that is just "letting-go"? That would explain
the auto-OFF but I guess not the auto-ON.

On a different but related issue: I am running active home connected to
my CM11A and watching its communications log in an effort to see any
"stray" commands. When I manually turn either of my XPS-3 switches
on/off I do not see any activity. Are these things supposed to generate
a signal when they are turned off/on?

Thanks.