Re: Looking for something with RF to Analog

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:07:07 -0400, jt <jtsoft@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<47df944b$0$4957$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Having a hard time finding RF transmitters and RF receivers that work
>with each other. On the receiver side, need it to receive ther signal
>and trigger the output to a NC (normally closed contact).

There sources of modestly priced multi-channel pairs of transmitters if what
you need can be 'stand-alone" that is not communicate with other systems.

Here's one eBay vendor:
http://stores.ebay.com/e-MadeinCHN
for 8 individual channels of 7amp relays (ON-OFF or state toggle) including
both transmitter and receiver for US$33 shipping included. "450 meter Control
Distance" (wink, wink ;-).

And there are many more:
http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/RF_Transmitters/k173.htm
http://www.apogeekits.com/relay_board_remote_control_k8056.htm
http://www.smarthome.com/7446wa.html

Google is your friend: RF receiver transmitter relay  +/- kit, +/- remote and
like that

>Anything out there that is reliable to do this?

"Reliability" needs to be defined.  How far does the signal need to travel?
What intervening materials (brick, metal siding, steel lath ...)?  Does it
need to work even next to a microwave oven that is on?   Does it need to be
'secure' ? (And what does 'secure'  mean to you?)  And so forth.

... Marc
Visit my personal Home Automation and Electronics Internet Porch Sale at
www.ECOntrol.org/porch_sale.htm

Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org