Re: NEW Vehilcles Can run on Gasoline and Water!

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:54:56 -0700 (PDT), RickH
<passport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Mar 7, 6:17 pm, Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-I...@My-Web-
>Site.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:42:55 -0800, Bob
>>

>> Douglas<bo...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >There is a new invention out there. Thanks to new Technology you can improve your milage by up to 50%.
>>
>> >And Yes your vehicle CAN drive on gas and water. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.
>>
>> >Have a look at what the website below has to say. Many people are using this system already.
>>
>> >Oil Companies have known this proven Technology for a long time ...   Just to let you know..
>>
>> >Don't you want to save on fuel and meantime help the environment too ?
>>
>> >http://www.richardsprovenidea.com
>>
>> You must be a Democrat.  Only Democrats are ignorant enough to believe
>> such crap.
>>
>>                                         ...Jim Thompson
[snip]

>A similar device was on the back of the Warshawski catalog (a now-
>defunct but popular auto parts supplier in Chicago) all through the
>1950's, 60', 70's.  In a carburated vehicle mixing a little water
>vapor into the air intake improved mileage (I dont know the specifics
>of why) but it provided a small increase in power and mileage.  For
>those old enough to have owned carburated vehicles (i'm 53), you
>remember how much better they seemed to run on a wet day (provided
>everything else was ok)?  Same principle.  I think the burn is slower
>or maybe more oxygen in humid air, not sure, but it's an old concept.

[snip]

There's a considerable difference between "aspiration" to increase air
density and adding water to the fuel prior to the injectors.

(5 of my 17 patents are automotive related :-)

Here in Phoenix water vapor is added to jet engine air intakes to
increase air density when the tarmac temperature may be 140°F

                                        ...Jim Thompson