Re: X10 gear for Philippines

JohnB wrote:
> Several sites have warned against trying to use any kind of voltage
> converters.
>
> Anyone got any clues where I could find equipment that will work here.

One avenue open to you is modding US 110V units. There are instructions
around on how to do it and I successfully converted X10 110V stuff to
230V for use in Europe.

Using voltage converters will not work well as they reduce the signal
strength and you'll have to use 110V equipment/lightbulbs too.

There is some X10 stuff available for 230V in Europe, as often the case,
prices are 5-10 times higher as in the US.

Markus