Justify Upgrade from X-10 to Z-Wave?

There is no doubt in my mind that z-wave is superior to x-10 but x-10's
advantage is cost. Even with the extended x-10's protocol, it still falls
short for complex applications. In my situation, I have a few x-10 recievers
controlling a few lamps around the home. I basically use it to turn on/off
lights in the room I'm in. I don't have a need for pre-set lighting moods
(complete with the hide-away bar that appears with Burt Bacharach music that
starts to play.) I really don't see a need for lighting computer interface
for how I currently use the system. My house is basically square with one
floor at about 1800 sf. My real motivation is to perpetuate my couch-potato
lifestyle by not needing to budge from the chair to operate room lighting or
to turn-off lights in another room. I'm now getting ready to hardwire wall
switches to control ceiling fans and lights along with some lights for the
pool area.

What I'm asking of you folks here is a justification for one or the other
based on how I use wireless techology. I'm not interested in entertaining
other technologies and would strongly prefer to hear about just the two.