Re: What to look for

In alt.home-theater.misc SBH <Meanie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm limited in knowledge of home theater equipment and hoping someone can
> help me. Basically, I want to install a 5.1, maybe a 7.1 surround sound
> system in my basement along with my TV. Though, I know I can pretty much buy
> a Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, etc. and have a decent system (or maybe not) but
> what I'd really like to know is....what do I look for in a good system for a
> moderate price? Nothing extravagant but nothing cheap. If you were to
> basically tell someone to go shopping for a receiver with a list of what to
> look for, what would they be?

> Thank you for any help I can receive.

Nowadays, I'd suggest a receiver with good room correction,
such as the Denons with Audyssey MultEQX .  HDMI in/outputs
should be standard by now too.

After that the main decision is what speakers to buy.
They'll make the biggest difference.

--
-S
Poe's Law: Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humorous