Re: Making an X-10 lamp module immune to dimming

"BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> The instructions for the mod you seek can be found here:
> http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/
> Scroll down on the left to "Lamp Modules" and the sub heading "Making a
> Silent Appliance Module" and start warming up your soldering iron!
>
> Ido's site is THE repository for X10 mods!

Thanks!  I saw that and it's close but no ceegar.  One of the reasons to do
this is so that lamps CAN respond to all lights on and off.  I suppose in
the spirit of "Thomas Edison" whose strategy was often "try anything you can
think of" I'll try cutting the control lines from the PIC to the triac to
see what happens.  I had hoped to avoid using virtual housecodes as Jeff
suggested to filter the dim and bright commands.  It just seemed to me that
the bright and dim control circuit paths might be separate enough from the
on off circuitry that one could be neutered without affecting the other.  It
would take a far smarter person than I to determine where to snip based on
circuit analysis, even with Mr. Bloom's helpful schematic.  However, reading
through Ido's explanation of his mods, I've got a few more clues as to how
the module operates.

--
Bobby G.