Re: Making an X-10 lamp module immune to dimming

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I believe the first test will just be to simply disconnect pin 8 from the
> control line.  Hopefully it will be easy to rebridge if that turns out not
> to work.  Also, hopefully, it won't incinerate itself after snipping that
> line.  I guess I can trot out the old 20mm ammo box I have for containment
> of explosive experiments - well, maybe just leave it on a fireproof
> surface
> to test . . .

Whoops, that was a typo before.  Pin 8 is used for the local control.
Snipping that will only disable local control.  Pin 6 drives the triac.
That line is essential.  If snipped there will be no on/off control at all.
The dimming phase control is inside the IC.

It might be possible to extend the pulse coming out of the IC so that if
there is ANY pulse at all, the transistor will remain on through the
beginning of the next cycle so the unit will switch on right after the zero
crossing.

Jeff