Re: Making an X-10 lamp module immune to dimming

"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message

> If you actually have lamp modules that respond to all lights
> off (none of mine do) it won't affect that either.

I was so perplexed by this I went looking for the powerflash module's
instructions and this fault is indeed described (sort of as a benefit) and
explained why I remembered lamp module lights flashing and ending up off.
Those were all set to the alarm's own unit code so they would turn off, but
none of the 15 other unit codes would.

What's the difference?  A blip in the PIC?  The wall switches obey ALL
LIGHTS OFF; why not the lamp modules?  I thought they shared the same
circuit design?

<<In Mode 1 the Burglar Alarm Interface will turn ON ALL lamp modules and
wall switch modules set to its Housecode and will also turn ON any other
modules set to its Unit Code, a stereo connected to an appliance module for
example. All lamp modules and wall switch modules are left in the ON state
when the alarm is de-activated but the modules set to the same Unit Code as
the Burglar Alarm Interface will be turned OFF.

In Mode 2 the Burglar Alarm Interface will FLASH all lights connected to
lamp modules or wall switch modules. All lamp and wall switch modules will
be left in the ON state when the alarm is de-activated but appliance modules
set to the same Housecode as the Burglar Alarm Interface will be turned OFF.

In Mode 3 the Burglar Alarm Interface will turn ON all modules set to the
same Housecode and Unit Code as the interface. All modules set to the same
Housecode and Unit Code as the Burglar Alarm Interface will be turned OFF
when the alarm is de-activated. Mode 3 is the same as mode 1 except that the
interface does not send the All Lights On code to turn on ALL lamp modules
and wall switch modules set to the same Housecode as the interface. >>

The worst part about it is that I am sure you've told me this before.
Probably more than once.  I plead Mad Cow.

--
Bobby G.