Re: roomba AI

It is not completely random. Roomba makes a crude map of the room as it is
cleaning, but does not cover the room in what would appear to be an
organized manner, however there is a method in the madness.
If you are questioning the effectiveness, I can attest, Irobot knows what
they are doing. Roombas work great. We have three and they clean better than
most uprights (Dyson included), without the work.  However if you do want a
robot vacuum that cleans in a systematic manner, maintains a mental map of
the home and location of its charger, cleans as much as it can and then
recharges and goes back to where it left off and then continues to clean
until the entire house has been vacuumed, then check in to the Electrolux
robot vacuum. However be prepared for some serious sticker shock (about 10X)
if compared to a Roomba.