Re: Justify Upgrade from X-10 to Z-Wave?

As I read this thread, my brain is getting full. I'm going to look at the
XTB some more. Elsewhere on this thread, mention was made of using a real
transceiver rather than the stock model. I would think that would be my
first step before the XTB. Am I correct in this thinking or am I missing
something? Since I'll be building my system a little at a time, I'll
purchase items as they are needed and can't afford everything at once.