Re: Need 66-block help. 1 POTS line, 8 jacks

Jack wrote:
> I need to wire 8 phone jacks to 1 phone line using a 66 block for my
> home.

> Holding the 66 block upright and going from left to right, there are 4
> places to punch down wires. The left 2 are connected to each other and
> the right 2 are connected to each other like this:
> 1. aa bb
> 2. cc dd
> 3. ee ff
> 4. gg hh
> 5. ii jj
> 6. kk ll
> 7. mm nn
> 8. oo pp

The idea behind wiring blocks is to provide a permanent termination for
installed wiring. You will want to punch down all 3 pairs of each of the
8 cables you have going to the jacks. The order for the first cable will be:

white/blue   to bb
blue/white   to dd
white/orange to ff
orange/white to hh
white/green  to jj
green/white  to ll

Repeat the wire color sequence starting with nn for the second cable. Be
neat.

One side of your our incoming line will loop from aa to mm and on to all
the left side connectors for the white/blue pair, The other side of the
incoming line will loop from cc to oo and on to all the left side
connectors to the blue/white pair.

You will then use jumper clips to connect aa to bb, cc to dd and on down
the block until you have installed 16 jumpers connecting the 8 phones.
These clips make troubleshooting easier by allowing you to disconnect
individual jacks.