Re: Justify Upgrade from X-10 to Z-Wave?

I'd go with the XTB-IIR first to remedy any powerline issues and provide
a rock solid base for signal delivery.  As for the wireless aspect,
based on the size of your house, a centrally located WGL V572 receiver
should do the trick. Total investment of about $260 will be saved by
using X10 vs ZWave switches.