Re: MR16 LEDs for Landscape Lights

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1bSdnTC8w7s_eMLVnZ2dnUVZ_jidnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> Does anyone here have any experience with these units?
>
> No personally, but there are a number of threads on Usenet.  Here's one:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.engr.lighting/browse_thread/thread/ad4f81
> 26dd61f234/ffde892eaa0cb6c5?hl=en&lnk=st&q=MR16+LEDs#ffde892eaa0cb6c5
>
> aka: http://tinyurl.com/3ntcqf
>
> No seems to think highly of their light output as in: "while normal MR16
> light output graphs will show the lux or fc levels at 1m (3 feet) through
> 20m (60 feet) or that sort of scale, some of these are measured out to
> just
> 25 centimetres, less than a foot, in some cases."

Yes, I did my share of Googling.  I read that one, and another that claimed
the photons didn't have enough pressure behind them because of the low
wattage, so they slowed down.  OK...

These seem to be getting better all the time.  I'm going to pick up several
different samples to see how well they compare with the halogens for
landscape lighting.

Jeff