Re: Motion control for exterior lights

"D&SW" <d&sw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in TIF3k.6064$LN.1211@trndny03:">news:TIF3k.6064$LN.1211@trndny03:

> PowerLinc needs the SmartHome Manager or Insteon software to be
> autonomous.

I shied away from the SmartHome software because it doesn't run under
Vista.  I'm not running Vista now, nor do I have any plans to, but lack of
Vista support suggests that this software is not being developed and may
not run under other future operating systems either.  I'll look at it
again.

> Don't dismiss the full time computer.

The only computer I have that runs full time runs Linux.  From what I've
seen with limited searches, X10 is not well supported under Linux.

Thanks for your comments.  My research continues.