Re: Switch Conversion???

ABLE_1 wrote:
> I have a potential customer that has a house built in the 50's.  The
> electrical switches are an odd style in that the plates sit horizontal and
> the toggles are more like rockers about the size of your thumb.
>
> First I am looking for a name, style, or model on this type of switch.  I
> have googled and ebayed but can't seem to find a picture for a reference.
>
> Second I would like some hints as to how to install some automation to
> control lights and such with this type of switch??
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Les

You mean like these?  http://www.palesinstyle.com.au/THCS_whole.htm
 From what you're describing it sounds like an item that was imported by
the owner...  If the switch controls a light that you want X-10 on,
you're going to have to wire it like a three way (and hide the more
modern looking X-10 switch somewhere).  Sounds like a unique challenge,
but one I'm sure you're up to.  :-)