Re: Switch Conversion???

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 07:47:59 -0400, ABLE_1 wrote:

> I have a potential customer that has a house built in the 50's.  The
> electrical switches are an odd style in that the plates sit horizontal
> and the toggles are more like rockers about the size of your thumb.
>
> First I am looking for a name, style, or model on this type of switch.
> I have googled and ebayed but can't seem to find a picture for a
> reference.
>
> Second I would like some hints as to how to install some automation to
> control lights and such with this type of switch??
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Les

Look at TouchPlate, LiteTouch, Centralite, Vantage, etc. There are links
to each on this page.

     http://davehouston.org/hardwire.htm

If it is GE low voltage system, there are companies that make parts.

http://www.alltestequipment.com/cgi-bin/pdc/viewprod.cgi?
pid=559&tid=1&type=elec
http://www.dale-electric.com/gereplace

TouchPlate did supply parts for GE systems.

http://www.inspect-ny.com/electric/Low_Voltage_Wiring.htm

Good luck.