Re: Justify Upgrade from X-10 to Z-Wave?

"Tom" <donot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I hadn't thought about the transceiver but that does make sense given what
> know about the stock unit. I'm doing integration piecmeal... can't afford
> it all at once. I plan to add a few wired switches at watch to see what
> problems I run into. I'm just using modules right now and have had little
or
> not problems other than two different types of controllers that worked
> poorly from day one.

Which controllers have you had trouble with?

> I have two other controllers that have never yielded a
> single problem in the 7 years I had everything.

Conversely, what model/type controller has been successful for you?  It
would help to know details.

> So, the question is, as I
> start to encounter problems, which would be the first step - the
transceiver
> or the amp? I'm assuming the transceiver but I might be missing something.

If installing the XTB-IIR across both phases is not a problem for you (and I
am assuming it's not because you were talking about the simililarly
installed HCA) then that's where I would start.  The WGL unit plugs directly
into the XTB's digital jack, so you can save yourself a few bucks (20 I
think) by buying the more stripped down WGL All Housecode transceiver
without the powerline interface.

--
Bobby G.