Re: Justify Upgrade from X-10 to Z-Wave?

I hadn't thought about the transceiver but that does make sense given what I
know about the stock unit. I'm doing integration piecmeal... can't afford to
it all at once. I plan to add a few wired switches at watch to see what
problems I run into. I'm just using modules right now and have had little or
not problems other than two different types of controllers that worked
poorly from day one. I have two other controllers that have never yielded a
single problem in the 7 years I had everything. So, the question is, as I
start to encounter problems, which would be the first step - the transceiver
or the amp? I'm assuming the transceiver but I might be missing something.