Re: Hooking up my TV to my computers s-video out. (Please help)

> There are two ways to render a movie with a movie player application.

Paul's on the right track here.  The video card is handling the movie
playback using it's own onboard chips.  That hardware acceleration means it
may or may not be able to put the video out onto both outputs at once.  You
may want to check how the Display control panel is configured for the card.
There's usually a slider control for 'hardware acceleration'.  Changing that
may affect whether the video plays out both at once.  Bearing in mind, of
course, that this will likely also affect gaming program speeds.

You don't mention which movie player program you're using.  Some have the
option of controlling which form of output they attempt to use.  DirecX,
hardware, etc.  One versatile player I like to use is VLC (video lan
client).

And as always, STFW for answers.  As in, Search The eFf'ing Web.  It
likewise works great for abbreviations.