Re: MR16 LEDs for Landscape Lights

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9P6dncpM1ZOuyPzVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> These seem to be getting better all the time.  I'm going to pick up
>> several different samples to see how well they compare with the
>> halogens for landscape lighting.

> That would have been my next suggestion.  From what I am reading, they've
> got a ways to go but for landscaping their "short throw" might not be such
> liability.  In your 120F degree end of the world, I'd also want to do some
> serious testing, like what happens if a bulb ends up running accidentally
> when it's full summer daylight shining on them for 8 hours at well over
> 100F.

That's a good point.  It would probably cause rapid deterioration, and it is
something I will have to protect against.  Since they are under X10 control,
it is easy to have the Ocelot watch for a daytime ON, and just switch them
back OFF after a few seconds - leaving them on just long enough for testing.

Jeff