[no subject]

I was hoping that the required mod would be a simple one, like the disabling
of local sense on some appliance modules.  You just need to open the case
and snip the lead to a diode that, IIRC, is conveniently mounted vertically.
That I can handle.  Piggy-backing chip sockets or adding additional
microprocessors is not within my skill set, even with my new Weller
soldering station.  My work looks somewhat better, but it's still nothing I
would trust a 110VAC device with.  Also, considering all of these came
basically free with Ebay X-10 lots I bought for the other components in the
lot.  Many of them came nearly free with the infamous "X-10 free vouchers"
combo packs. It would probably just be easier to sell them all than butcher
them.  My box of X-10 patients that didn't survive various complex mods is
impressive.  )-: