Re: MR16 LEDs for Landscape Lights

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:02:01 GMT, "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>> These seem to be getting better all the time.  I'm going to pick up
>>> several different samples to see how well they compare with the
>>> halogens for landscape lighting.
>
>> That would have been my next suggestion.  From what I am reading, they've
>> got a ways to go but for landscaping their "short throw" might not be such
>> liability.  In your 120F degree end of the world, I'd also want to do some
>> serious testing, like what happens if a bulb ends up running accidentally
>> when it's full summer daylight shining on them for 8 hours at well over
>> 100F.
>
>That's a good point.  It would probably cause rapid deterioration, and it is
>something I will have to protect against.  Since they are under X10 control,
>it is easy to have the Ocelot watch for a daytime ON, and just switch them
>back OFF after a few seconds - leaving them on just long enough for testing.
>
>Jeff

I've been using LED's in my landscape lighting for over a year now
with great success. They are switched on via an ocelot and a secu16
with an external relay and 12Vdc power supply.

A good source for LED's is http://besthongkong.com/ . I've bought from
them quite a few times and their shipping, even from Hong Kong, is
pretty quick and the quality is pretty good. Haven't seen any other
site that can compare to what they offer.

I replaced the 7 Watt bulbs (35) in my Malibu lawn lights with the T10
194 LED Inverted Bulbs and light my shrubbery with 12V MR16 Wide with
24 led's also 12Vdc.

They really have a lot of LED's for many applications AC and DC.